Trying to heal Genji Trying to heal Genji

As a mercy main who regularly queues with a Genji main, this is relatable lol

TheMartoon responds:

It's like trying to catch a fly where every time you're near it,it flys away.THE STRUGGLES!!

Lost Track Lost Track

That ending is so suttle yet so effing hilarious.

Noir After Dark Noir After Dark

Can totally see this looping over a crime/noir type of game. Also, were those drums recorded live? They sound incredibly organic!

Joey4Track responds:

Thanks so much! This is going to be in a game actually but it won't be out for awhile. No, the drums are just samples from a jazz kit. They are compressed quite a bit and I have a ton of good room reverb on them, I like my jazz drums big if I can help it :)

Finale Finale

The main chord progression is cool, as is the main melody line. I think, however if you were to put some other overlaying melodies that play off of each other as the song progresses, it would add a lot to the overall intensity. Also, I can't help but feel that when the triplet synth-line hits in, the drums should follow suit with a similar 6/8 beat, mainly with the bass drum. I also felt that there were a lot of great builds that should've built into a bigger climax. Throughout the piece I was just waiting and waiting for that soaring moment to follow one of those builds, and it never quite hit that peak. I can hear where you wanted it to feel the most impactful, but it never truly reaches that point. I would suggest maybe applying some more cymbal work around those areas, mainly hi-hats, deepening the bass a bit more, and adding some soaring melodies, especially around the end. I can see from your description that you didn't have enough time to complete it to your liking, but after the competition, if you feel that you want to tweak this song, these are some suggestions I have. Overall, great potential, just a little under-cooked in my opinion.

Every Photon, 100 Times a Second Every Photon, 100 Times a Second

I love how you took the organic intro of this track and seamlessly transitioned into a glitchy dream-pop vibe. Despite the electronic sound of the bulk of the track, it still manages to sound simultaneously woodsy and natural. Great job; making me nervous for the outcome of this competition, haha

sleepFacingWest responds:

Thanks! No need for nervousness, though. Everyone in this round has already come so far. At this point we can just be happy that challenges were met and enjoy having a supportive community. Competitions are arbitrary. I'm having a blast listening to what other people have come up with.